Sunday, September 5, 2010

Primary Talks

I recently had my 7 year old give this talk.  He loved it and will probably remember it for the rest of his life!

Have child lay down on a large sheet of butcher paper and trace his/her body.  Have child cut out their body and draw two eyes and a happy mouth.  Write in the center of the chest "Holy Ghost", then under that write in red bold letters "Truth."

TALK:  (Tape outline of child's body to pulpit, or have an adult/or sibling hold next to pulpit)

When I am 8 I will be baptized.
Then I will have the gift of the HOLY GHOST.
I am glad because the HOLY GHOST helps us to know what is true.
When I come to church I get warm feelings inside.
This is the HOLY GHOST telling me when things are true.
I’m glad that I belong to the true church here on this earth.
Heavenly Father loves us very much.
He gave us the HOLY GHOST to protect and guide us as back to him someday.
I will always trust that warm fuzzy feeling I get inside because I
Know that the HOLY GHOST is guiding me back to Heavenly Father.

(When talk is over, tape this outline on the wall in his bedroom.  Every night at bedtime before prayer,  you can talk about the Holy Ghost and how it feels to have him close.  This will help your child recognize and know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your ideas. I'd love to see them.